torstai 24. marraskuuta 2011

On Studying Japanese...

Now that I've memorized practically all the hiragana, I've decided to take this thing as far as I can. I accidentally stumbled on a learning method called AJATT ("All Japanese All the Time"). The method itself if very simple; just immerse yourself with the language as much as you can. Soak yourself in the language and absorb everything. Of course the method requires a bit of  heavy lifting you can't avoid, like learning the kanji with SRS ("Spaced Repetition System"), but the main idea behind the method is, that you have fun while learning.

So basically, in order to succeed I have to listen to GACKT (oh, the horror...), watch anime in Japanese (yikes!), watch Japanese movies (OMG) and study the Japanese writing system ("Oh, that one totally looks like a rabbit"). As if I hadn't been doing those before :D For someone as easily obsessed as me, this method is made in heaven. All I need to add to the equation is practising with SRS every day and a real determination to become fluent in Japanese. All the rest of the method I do too much already ;)

So, be warned my friends. I'll be obsessing over, and constantly talking about Japanese-things even more than before. Don't be alarmed, it's all part of the method :D Someday it will pay off.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti